Sunday, November 07, 2004

Sanctuary!

I am a refugee from the land of Xanga, and I am unsure if or when I shall return to my native URL. I made the mistake of starting a blogring for students who attend my college, and to my chagrin, it has become one big political brou-ha-ha of an opinion war. Besides, a certain Hawaiian friend of mine has been testifying about Blogger for a while.

A few words of intro before we begin. The is The Rime and the Ancient Starsong. The title draws from two of the best poems I've ever read. Samuel Taylor Coleridge's "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" is a story of sin and redemption. Crux to its plot is the Mariner's murder of an innocent albatross. Calvin Miller's The Singer is a book length epic. Written just over 30 years ago, it tells the story of the Troubador, sent by His Father, the Earthmaker, to sing The Ancient Starsong of redemption. Sound a little familiar, like maybe he's talking about Jesus? (Coughhh, he is). My pen name is Ecygtheow, taken from Semus Haney's amazing translation of Beowulf. Ecygtheow is Beowulf's father, and his name means "Sword Servant." I think there's a lot of depth in that.

We've met, now let us begin the journey together.

1 Comments:

At 6:04 PM , Blogger Bolo said...

I love Pablo Butterworth :) What a stud...and I mean that in the highest sense of the word. Those foolish girls of Boyce don't know what they're missing, buddy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home