Thursday, September 10, 2009

Skool, Part 1.5

This second Skool-ing has been a long time coming, and this is merely a part issue, designed to set up the difficulty of the task ahead.  I want these posts to be something of a hybrid, critiquing the seminary system even while affirming its uses and value.  I also want to write from my personal experiences in both institutions, (church and seminary), specifically relaying the joys I've experienced in my church, Sojourn.  Appropriately for the topic, as a participant in a church-based pastoral training program, I can write with an insider's eye.  I also do not want to neglect what should be foundational above all: the teaching of Scripture on the issue, and it will take me a bit of time to collate that info, so these early posts will most likely be experiential.  That said, you may now commence waiting for Skool Part 1.75.  ;)

3 Comments:

At 5:50 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Oh, gee. Wait? That's so exciting.

 
At 12:46 AM , Blogger Paul said...

It is exciting Laura. Almost as exciting as your month of September as relayed in your blog.

Wait, you haven't blogged in September. Do I smell something burning? Oh, it's you! You just got burned!

:)

 
At 2:52 PM , Blogger Rebecca Dennison said...

I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to share on this subject.

I've tried a couple times to convince myself that I can be a blogger & I've failed utterly, so I have no criticisms to offer for the reluctant or occasional blogger :}

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home