Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Rest

Reading days are so close I can taste them... and don't want to do any work. I'm just a few classes shy of a much needed break, if one could call it a break, considering that I have the followng on deck.
  • Analyze research and write an ethnographic paper on the Central Thai of Thailand (and boy are sources hard to track down).
  • Read J. Clinton McCann Jr.'s A Theological Introduction to the Book of Psalms (approximately 180 pages) and write a Draper paper off of it.
  • Read The Life and Diary of David Brainerd for Great Books Seminar II
  • Do some work on a research paper on the Community of Christ (Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) due two weeks after break. Also for this class (Theology of the Cults) is a bunch of reading that coincides with exam two, which is the week after reading days.
Pretty restful, huh? Yeah, that's what I was thinking. When you top that off with about 30 hours of work, and a friend coming in from out of town, it is going to be absolutely crazy, but hopefully crazily good. I am excited about the topics on which I am writing, am always up for a good book, and am going to dig a break from the daily treadmill. At the end, though, if I don't rest in Christ, it won't be much of a break at all. So please pray for me that I might be able to remember this, and to all my peoples who've gone to Florida, enjoy the beach on my behalf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home