Monday, March 08, 2010

Details at Eleven

Good news: I'm alive.  The Lord has been kind in bringing healing to my body.  I feel like I've been walking around at 95-100% capacity these past few days and am quite thankful.  I even got my money back from the course!

The bad news: The American education system seems to be failing faster than an electric fence in Jurassic Park.  I know this as I have re-entered the world of education, this time as a Garrett Fellow (sort of a grading-heavy academic assistant) to Dr. Bruce Carlton at Boyce College.  Grading papers for his intro classes has been a hoot.  It's a good sign, after all, when the first paper begins with a sentence which is not a sentence but in fact, is a dependent clause.  I have all the more sympathy for my brothers and sisters who are attempting to do some good as teachers.  Teach these kids to write!  

That said, that's all the time I have for this installation of the eleven o'clock news.  Now that Jay Leno has taken back over at the helm of the Titanic, I have even less reason to stay up late. If you're wanting to stay up, though, check out one of my new favorite blogs.  The name says it all - click the link to visit http://www.hipsterwifehunting.com/.  Do it now.

2 Comments:

At 9:09 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Oh man. I do not miss working in my college's writing center. I could tell you some stories... Ugh. It's making me feel a little stabby just thinking about it.

 
At 6:12 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Wow!! Oh how glad I am I won't ever be on that list (however my very disqualification might make me the ideal candidate as these so-labeled "hipsters" can't really remain as such unless they continue frequent proactive borrowing of the current untrendy trends. As the wider cultural wheel turns so must the anti lest they find themselves unintentionally keeping pace. So If I hit 'em right at their tipping point, I could be their next Che before they even know what/who happened. Hmmmmmmm......)

anyways...As a gal who NATURALLY fits the archetype of indie darling --- or at least goth queen (simply meaning I was born with black black hair and pale skin) my tangled "identities" would require a very lengthy URL of stereotypes from country hick that loves a good casserole to booty-shakin'wannabe with a snobby preference for microbrews.

It's all in fun(ny) I know but truly.... Why?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home