Saturday, May 06, 2006

A Table Before Me

Tonight was easily one of the best of my life. Between dressing up, the fellowship of new friends, the honor of the company of an amazing sister in Christ, there were very few details that I would have changed if I could. Everything just seemed to fall into place: J.V. receiving the Servant Towel, me belting out many a karoke track ("Twist & Shout" + "American Pie" with Buck, and "Wild Thing" as Dr. Chip Collin's backup vocalist), and my date actually enjoying herself. As Jessica and I were driving back to school, I couldn't help but think about how God deserves the glory for this, and what mercy He showed to me tonight. My Boyce formal event history has been an odd one, and often it seems I had fun in spite of the situation, not because of it, but tonight was all-around magical.

O how the Shepherd feeds His sheep. We lack nothing. Even in bad times, we lack nothing. But in the times when it is easier to see the table spread before us (like tonight), all the more should we worship, should we praise, should we see the sovereign hand of God, the hand of the God who rejoices over us with singing.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Psalms 23:5-6 (KJV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home