Tuesday, June 20, 2006

489: Finding Farang

I visited the Baengsang Aquarium today, and while it's no Sea World, it had some pretty neat exhibits, especially the giant fish tank where they had about 7-10 different species of deep sea fish, including some zebra sharks, sting rays, and some massive (as in 6' by 2') grouper.

The good news is that Nemo is doing quite well, and I have the photographic evidence to prove it. Unfortunately, the little orange and white clownfish wasn't the only creature I encountered as a significant farang tour group crashed my party. Farang is the Thai word for foreigner, and boy is it annoying to have a quiet afternoon overrun by representatives of the world's countries that can actually afford to travel these days.

In related news, I'm pretty sure I found Dory too. Mr. Turtle and the Jellies were definitely in residence as well. I asked them if they were signed for a sequal, but they didn't say much. I think the glass the was too thick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home