Saturday, June 03, 2006

489: Red Like Blood

I woke up this morning after having a crazy dream. It was essentially a sort of puree of psycho-thriller The Butterfly Effect with a touch of Scooby-Doo, as I found myself forced to kill these horrorifically brutal men with scissors, alongside my crime fighting partner, the prolific author Donald Miller. Before you feel too sorry for the dudes who got unceremoniously offed, these guys were child abusers and poured cocaine into milk bottles. I blame the dream on, well, having seen The Butterfly Effect a few weeks ago and thinking about it yesterday, and reading Don's newest book To Own a Dragon: Reflections on Growing Up without a Father the other day. But anyway you cut it, that was still a jacked up dream.

The trip to Pattaya was nice. We picked up a lot of tracts and evangelistic booklets and had dinner with a Thai pastor and his wife, newly weds of about a few weeks. We're going back to Pattaya this week, which is cool because it's on the Gulf of Thailand, but not cool because it's a beach town, filled to the gills with farang (foreigners), many of whom are there for the sex tourism. Anyway, the drive's always nice, because the car has AC. Also, Air Conditioning is not a luxuary item here, it's a life preserver.

I move into my apartment tomorrow, although I will only live there until the end of this month, and about a week will be spent out of town, but anyway, it will be home sweet home for the time being. It has a perfect locale, near my harvest field, Burupha University, and one of the many beaches on the Gulf of Thailand. Works for me.

It's off to bead soon for me, and here's hoping that I don't find myself fighting bad men alongside a good author, and instead find myself waking up in the morning after a sound night's rest. Either way, sweet dreams to you all, and have a good Sunday. Mine was alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home