Monday, July 31, 2006

1925-2006

My Granddaddy, Davis Colbert Head, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday morning. He was 81 years old.

We buried him today. The ceremony was simple, just a few words and a couple of songs at the graveside. It was his wish that I assist my father in the service, so I shared the Scripture that I was asked to share (Rev. 14:13), prayed, and then shared some more Scripture, Ephesians 2:1-9. I told reminded the people that we are not guaranteed tomorrow, and that all of us will end up in a casket too, one day.

That was this afternoon, and now, we are in Montgomery, the capital of Alabama. The wake-up call will ring at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow, so we can be ready to hop our commuter fight to Atlanta, from where we'll hop a flight back to Phoenix. It's been a long and trying week and a half in 'Bama, but I can see God's goodness in every step. And now, the time has come to take him up on that verse that says "He gives sleep to those He loves." Nite nite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home