Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Change of Scenery

Once again, I find myself in the amazingly beautiful (and otherwise amazing) state of Arizona. I affectionally call it home, but effectually, it's not much more than a place where my family resides. Since 1 January 2006, I have been here for less than a month: having spent half of that January here, a week after the spring semester here, and since my Thailand missions internship started on May 30, a grand total of two non-consecutive full days here. So, it feels both natural and bizzare to be back home.

It's going to be a working break for me. When one decides to learn a language, one becomes that language's slave, and I must slap on my Greek shackles again. I also got about 20 pages of paper to crank out for the good Dr. Brand, and 600 plus pages of Baptist history text to read, in partial fulfillment of the requirements of HS 305. Good times to be had indeed.

Most importantly, this break is going to be a readjustment for me, a time that I hope will be dedicated on renewing my relationship with God, especially as it's a time to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The end of the year is also a great chance to let go of the past and embrace the future, namely the Soverign God who has prepared it for us and us for it, and the entirity of the two for His Glory. Wrapped up in that glory is our good.

My scenery has changed and my great hope is that as always, God would change me as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home