Saturday, December 15, 2007

Boycotting the Boycott: Part Two

I have yet to see The Golden Compass because I have yet to finish the book (which is quite charming and intriguing through the first 100 pages), but I was astounded by this little statistic I ran across.

Pluggedinonline.com
, the media engagement wing of James Dobson's Focus on the Family polled its readers regarding this question - "What have you decided your family's approach will be to The Golden Compass?" I was astonished and appalled by how the votes broke down:

We'll avoid it because of its messages - 71%
We'll avoid it because we're not interested - 14%
We'll see it and discuss its messages - 8%
We'll see it; it's just another fantasy movie - 8%

All I can say is wow. The Christian community can't even rise to engage a children's book? It's at times like these that I am oh so glad that the advance of the Gospel cannot be derailed by our failures, oh so glad.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM , Blogger The Reformed Pastor said...

The reason that most Christians will not engage the attacks by the book, is because they can't!

But hen we have to ask the question, "who are these Christians answering the polls?" Are these families of teenagers and young adults. Or are they families of young children. To tell you the truth I would not take my four and five year old to see a evangelistic tract for atheism. (for that is what the books and movies are!) So, the info needed is the age of the families to make a correct judgment here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home