Monday, December 03, 2007

Sunday (That's My Funday)

The Lord has been drawing my soul near to him recently in corporate worship. I love gathering together with my brothers and sisters at Sojourn, but its a joy that is born from so much more than just good music with good people. The preaching of the word is doing its part in bringing about gospel transformation in my own heart, and in the words of Wesley, the music encourages my soul to "sing lustily." Some days I enter with a heart of joy to worship my savior; some days I enter with my heart weighed down by my sin. Either way, after having encountered God through the preaching and singing of his word, it is a joy to come to the table and receive the body and blood of Christ.

That said, I totally agree with the Bangles.

3 Comments:

At 12:36 PM , Blogger Michael said...

5 bucks if you can blog about "Walk Like an Egyptian" and "Eternal Flame".

I agree with you thought, Sunday is Funday.

love ya, bro!

mike

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger Bolo said...

Mike: Do I get five bucks, too?

Pablo: *Nod*...*nod*.

 
At 1:03 PM , Blogger Michael said...

I am sure...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home