Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I. Am. Not. A. Trekkie. That said...

I (gulp) rented season one of Star Trek: The Original Series a week ago tomorrow from Wild & Woolly Video. They have this killer deal in which a TV season counts for one rental, thus allowing me to rent the 8 disc season for seven days for $4 USD. I have enjoyed watching it, but it proved to be poor marathon fodder. I just couldn't shotgun melodrama - it was way too tense. I decided to squeeze the last drops of juice out tonight and watched the first Trek two-parter, "The Menagerie." It's a brilliant episode, and offers some good blog bytes for another day. I greatly enjoyed the little tidbit (shared in a flashback sequence) that the first ship's surgeon on the Enterprise was one Dr. Phillip Boyce. No relation.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:42 AM , Blogger Laura said...

LOL!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home