Thursday, December 11, 2008

It Won't Be Like This In Heaven

I've been getting sick a lot lately. Constant sinus infections and a bout with bronchitis, mostly, but for the second time since Thanksgiving, I'm fighting off (almost debilitating) stomach cramps. I went to the doctor yesterday and I have a course of treatment laid out. Still, it's frustrating not being able to do the work that is rapidly pile up around the office or invest into my beloved community of friends. I've been taking Tylenol in hopes of staving off the pain while the prescription does its work.

The first time this came on, I was on the tail end of that initial bout and was able to gather to worship with my Sojourn brothers and sisters. As I was walking towards the doors of the 930, I met a dear brother, Matt Harner. I told him the quick version of the story, and his first words of response hit me like a wave of comfort and hope.

"It won't be like this in heaven."

My perspective falls so short so often. The pain's been worse this time around but Matt's words have again reminded me of my ultimate hope, and the Christ who puts all of this into perspective.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home