Thursday, January 15, 2009

Going, Going...

Seven years. Seven years is a long time. No matter what the circumstance, it's hard to fathom separation after that span of time. Part of me had thought that the time was coming soon, the other part of me thought there was yet fruitful work left. Regardless, God's will is good. It's not just abstractly good, either. His work in this present situation is good, good for me, even. His plans are better for me than I could plan. What a thought! Every time I read that Ephesians passage about how God can do more than we can ask or imagine, I think of Han Solo, incredulous, insisting that he "can imagine an awful lot." Regardless, in the face of the unknown, I find this God who is indeed known to me, who has made himself known to me, I find him telling me that his plans for me are for good and not for evil, that his will will be done and that his kingdom will yet be consummated soon. I look forward to that day and know that while it is still today, there is much work to be done.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:21 PM , Blogger Evangeline S. Schultz said...

What is 7 years about? I am curious. Also want to say I'm sorry about your job deal! Natalie told me that I pretty much walked right into y'all's conversation about it at the member meeting. I'm praying for you and several other friends who are dealing with that stuff.

 
At 12:23 AM , Blogger Paul said...

The 7 years is about my job. Seven years of connection with Boyce (visited in 2002, student from 2003-2007, staff from 2007-2009). Yeah, I appreciate your prayers, Evie. You're a blessing, sister.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home