Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Missionary Dating

I've missed not having missions classes this semester, but my lack of classroom time has not kept me from the realms of missiological strategy. With my graduation from Boyce drawing nigh, I have decided that the time has come to put what I have learned into action, and strike out into the mission fields of the world. I will be a Strategy Coordinator based in Venice, Italy, but my responsibility will not be to an ethno-linguistic people group. Rather, I will coordinate the work of Godly, single men and women in the task of sharing the gospel through incarnational, one-on-one evangelism and discipleship. I call this concept, "Missionary Dating."

Their are several ways that you, the reader can help. First and foremost, we need prayer. Pray that God would cause single people in Venice to give us their cell phone numbers, and that the team will be successful in establishing relationships with the right "people of peace." Secondly, we need people to give. Although your Cooperative Program dollars will pay for our basic living exspenses, we need individuals committed to Christ's kingdom building work to give above and beyond the tithe so that the men and women on my team can take their dates to the finest restaurants in the finest cars wearing the finest clothing. This is Italy, so the quality of our ministry must not be lax. Third, prayerfully consider whether or not God would have you join the team of those who are willing to suffer for Jesus by incarnating the Gospel among beautiful people.

As you can see, this plan is foolproof and steeped in Scripture. If you are interested in joining the team, please leave your contact information below, and join us for our first informational meeting at the Boyce Missions Link Fellowship, hosted by Boyce Missions Link on Wednesday, March 7, in Boyce Chapel at 10:00 a.m.

The President of Boyce Missions Link (and soon to be Strategy Coordinator for Missionary Dating in Venice, Italy),
Paul Butterworth

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12:57 PM , Blogger Michael said...

Dude...seriously? Why Italian women. They get more hair when they turn thirty than the gruffest Scotsman on a cold Highland day. Go to Belfast or Edingburg and get a Celtic beauty!

 
At 4:28 PM , Blogger Paul said...

I've always seen myself as a catalytic/apostolic kind of "M" anyway, so perhaps I'll find myself sharing the good news among the fair lasses of the Highland.

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Michael said...

I think it'd be a much...better...field...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home