Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Oceans Away

I have two seperate groups of friends heading two seperate ways across two seperate oceans. There is an outside chance that they might be both flying across the same ocean but for the sake of artistry, I'll just asume that it is indeed two oceans.

My friends Tad and Alli are a brother and sister combo I've known ever since moving out here to Arizona in 2000. Tad just graduated from college with a degree en Espanol and he's heading to Spain for a few weeks of just experiencing the country. Alli doesn't know nearly as much Spanish so I guess she'll be sticking close to him. They have passports, plane tickets, cash, and time to kill. No solid schedule, no solid itenerary. Man oh man how I wish I was leaving with them tomorrow.

AG and I both have the privilige of serving with the official missions group of Boyce, aptly named Boyce Missions Link. We've both been missions majors for some time, (although he does have a year on me at Boyce), and he left earlier today for Cambodia, where he'll be for just over a month while working towards the completion of his Boyce missions internship. Bobby Johnson is a dear brother and hallmate of Apostolos and he's going with his church in the Ville to Cambodia for about two weeks to do, well, I'm sure you can fill in the blank. I'm not sure if the flights are the same, but I asume they are. Man oh man how I wish I left with them today.

I know for a fact that Tad and Alli fly east to Spain, and I'm assuming that AG and Bobby J will fly west to California, and from there to Asia. It would be pretty awesome to be with either of them, but I know that this is where God has me for the next two weeks. After such time, my brother, my father, and I will make a bee-line back to Kentucky, Lord willing, and I shall seek to do his will there.

As my friends are oceans away, I hope you'll join me in praying for them, that the Lord will use His own wherever they might go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home