Thursday, April 12, 2007

Press On

"Come, let us return to the LORD;
for he has torn us, that he may heal us;
he has struck us down, and he will bind us up.
After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will raise us up,
that we may live before him.
Let us know; let us press on to know the LORD;
his going out is sure as the dawn;
he will come to us as the showers,
as the spring rains that water the earth."
Hosea 6:1-3

Lord willing, I will graduate Boyce in 29 days, and I am learning spiritual things now that I wish I had learned when I first got here. I can only imagine how different things might have been, how much better, how much more meaningful. I look back on the hours and days that I have wasted, and know that I can only look at them under the shadow of the Cross, for may it be anathema to me to consider my sin apart from it.

During my first semester at Boyce, I was given a small "Prayer of Jabez sized" book called The Cross Centered Life, written by C.J. Mahaney. Today, I finally read it, and oh how I wish I had read it when I first received it. It might have made things so much better.

Over the next few weeks, I plan to post spiritual confessions, detailing what God is teaching me. More or less, these will culminate when, Lord willing, I speak to my brothers and sisters at Boyce at the Dorm Meeting of 4/23/07. To suffice what I have learned from C.J.'s book, I have come to the realization that I yet struggle with legalism and condemnation, and that my struggling spiritual life has not been helped by either. I hope that these coming days will be spent to his glory and that somehow, I might encourage brothers, sisters, and friends to trust Christ more. He has done great things and may he receive glory for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home